21/12/2018 at 3:33 PM
We have had a very merry last week of term with lots of exciting events and activities.
We really enjoyed our ‘Children of the World’ Christmas show. Thank you again for your support.
We have been busy making calendars, cards and hanging decorations too. We hope you like them!
We had a fantastic party day. We made our own party food, played games and danced til we dropped! We had a very special visitor at the end!
A special visitor
Thank you for all your support this half term.
You should have received two letters this week for events happening in January:
Please can you return these as soon as possible when we return to school.
Have a wonderful break. See you all on Tuesday 8th January!
Best wishes from the Year 2 Team
14/12/2018 at 12:36 PM
This week, we have enjoyed lots of different activities:
- We have enjoyed watching the Foundation Stage and KS2 dress rehearsals as well as putting in lots of practise for our own!
- 2La had their last visit to Gym Magic. Everyone in Year 2 has been fantastic on our visits there!
- In maths we have been working hard on understanding the concept of multiplication. Children have investigated arrays, written and solved multiplication stories and have started to work out multiplication calculations on their own including those with missing numbers. Keep practising times tables at home- You can use Mathletics or TTRockstars to support this.
- In English we read the story ‘ Harvey Slumfenburger’s Christmas Present’ and have enjoyed discussion and writing activities from the book.
- In topic this week, we learned about the town of Churchill in Canada. Children used maps to locate it and then researched interesting facts. Children made posters to show what they found out:
Reminders for next week:
- A few children still do not have their Christmas Play costumes in school. Please can you make sure they have the appropriate clothing on Monday morning at the latest! Thank you.
Performance times in the Junior Hall:
Tuesday 18th December 2pm
Wednesday 19th December 9:30am
- We are having our Christmas Party on Thursday. Please send in your £1 contribution. Children can come to school in their party clothes.
Have a lovely weekend!
The Year 2 Team
07/12/2018 at 1:53 PM
This week we have been writing letters. We read The Jolly Postman and enjoyed retelling the story and sequencing the postman’s journey. We also wrote a diary entry for the postman’s busy day.
We then thought about who else he might deliver a letter to and we decided to write letters to the little pigs from a builder. Children used what they knew about the story of the three little pigs to write their letters. We have also written a letter to Father Christmas; it looks like he will be incredibly busy in Farsley this year!!
In maths this week, we have started to explore the concept of multiplication. This started with the idea of equal groups.
There are 2 equal groups with 3 in each group.
Children then went on to record this as repeated addition, 3 + 3 = 6
and then as a multiplication 2 x 3 = 6.
We also looked at this as an array. Children will continue to build on this and develop their understanding next week.
Children in 2La are enjoying their Gym Magic sessions. Here are a few pictures:
We have been working hard practising for our Christmas Show. The children now all know their lines and the singing is sounding fantastic! Thank you for your support with this at home.
Please can children bring their costumes in ready for next week. Thank you.
Other reminders for next week:
- Non- uniform day on Wednesday (Christmas Jumper day) and PTA Christmas Fair.
- Please send in your chocolate and sweet donations and return any raffle tickets/money.
- 2LA’s last Gym Magic session on Tuesday. Please wear PE kits.
Have a great weekend.
The Year 2 Team