Happy New Year!

Tuesday 5th January | 5 comments
0

Happy New Year to everyone in Year 2!
We have had a lovely day today working with the children. It has been great to chat to them about their holiday highlights and we were very impressed with how the children came in motivated and ready to learn!
Today we have learnt lots of interesting facts about our brains as well as discovering what the different parts our brain control. In P.E. the children made up a ‘Brain Gym’ dance and we made brain caps to show what part of the brain controls the different things we do. Later on, the children produced some beautiful work which is going to be displayed in the classroom.

5 responses to “Happy New Year!”

1. Mrs Fisher says:

Happy New Year to you all. It looks like you all had a brilliant first week back; I love the pictures of you wearing your brain hats and I know you will be busy stretching your brains and challenging yourselves. Keep being the best you can be and be happy! from Mrs Fisher, her mum and Penny the dog! 🙂

2. mrsloveridge says:

Thank you for your comments 🙂
    It was brilliant to see the children so enthusiastic.
    As for what the inside of the brain really looks like…. well we likened it to cottage cheese – ask the children for an explanation!!

3. Harry Scott's mum says:

Some incredible work for a new Year! Well done Year Two.

I wonder what our brains really look like inside?

4. Adele Bowden says:

Sally had a great first day back and was excited to tell me how the brain worked!

5. Katie NW's mum says:

It looks like you have all had a very active and exciting day at school. Well done everyone and Happy New Year