Basic Loom Maths

Tuesday 10th June | 3 comments
0

In Maths we have been making basic loom bracelets. We measured our wrists and then worked out how many bands we needed to make the bracelets. In the basic bracelet each band is folded over and measures slightly less than 1cm, we worked out that for ever 5 centimetres we would need 6 bands. Our bands are based on the colours of the World Cup country we are learning about. We all tried to create a pattern which was more interesting than a basic single repeated pattern. Just like when we learn to do other things in Maths, there are different ways to create the bracelet. Mrs Fisher demonstrated how to use a hook to create them and Finn showed us how to use your fingers to make them. Some of us found it extremely tricky, others found it easier and were then able to help a friend. Lots of us experienced what it was like in the ‘learning pit,’ but we persevered and kept trying. Next we are going to learn how to create the fishtail bracelet and then we are going to start to work out the costs of making the bracelets, as well as creating loom maths problems.

3 responses to “Basic Loom Maths”

1. Elanor says:

Well done Finn for practising hard at loom bands I love them!

2. mj6067 says:

I did not know that they made loom bracelets

By mat

3. dg8503 says:

That seems very very fun and I would like to do this soon is well I’m looking for words for the loom maths