This week in 2F.

Sunday 15th June | 4 comments
0

It’s been such a busy week that I’ve already added a couple of blog posts earlier in the week, so please do scroll down and read more!

In Literacy this week we have started to follow the story , ‘Foul play: Brazil‘ . This is an exciting adventure story about 2 teenage children who win a prize to go to the World Cup and write news reports on the World Cup and about the country, Brazil. It is being written, a chapter a day, by the Yorkshire writer, Tom Palmer and will reflect the events from the World Cup as they take place. See previous posts, with our cover designs and blurb for the back cover of the book. We have been looking at the author’s use of speech in the story and next week we will be writing some dialogue, pretending we are at the World Cup ourselves!

In Maths we have had a fun week using loom bands. We made bracelets that fitted our wrists and had either a symmetrical or a repeated pattern in the colours of our team. We then worked out the costs of making the bracelets and thought about how much you might make if you sold them. We also thought about the difference between enjoying making bracelets as a hobby, and what it must be like for children in parts of the world where they have to work to help support their families. Coinciding with the start of the World Cup is the campaign ‘Red Card to child labour‘. This week’s Ethos Statement was ‘I am a good citizen’ and in assembly we talked about all the countries coming together in the World Cup and also highlighted this campaign.

We also enjoyed designing and beginning to build our arcade games. Next week we will  decorate them with a World Cup theme. Once they are made we will try each other’s games and evaluate them, make any improvements and then try them again, before inviting others to play them.

Thank you for the excellent Learning Logs that were returned this week. The children have done a great job finding out about their countries. I was especially impressed with how some children used Purple Mash at home to create fact files.

Our Special Mention children this week were Eva and Finn. Finn for his excellent work making loom bands and helping so many children in the class learn to make them. Eva for her wonderful home work on her World Cup country.

Next week we will continue the adventure of Danny and Charlotte in Brazil. What do you think will happen next? We will be writing suggestions for the next chapters for Tom Palmer. Learning Logs have gone home with the next challenge which is about learning your times tables. You must know your 2x,5x and 10x tables, both multiplication facts and the related division facts. In class we will also be focusing on times tables and will be challenging ourselves to learn our 3x and 4x tables ready for Year 3 and also learning about factors.

Well done to everyone for another inspirational week.

4 responses to “This week in 2F.”

1. Eva says:

I love 2F’s models…. Our model was ROLL THE BALL INTO THE TUBE!

2. Eden says:

I love all the work people have done on purple mash.
    I love your video Eva you did really well you should be proud.
    I hope everybody is proud of there models there all fantastic.

3. Eva and Daddy says:

” I enjoyed my video,” and Daddy thought the facts were very interesting, in a way I thought the 3D glasses were extra funny!

4. Elsie says:

Well done Eva your homework is brilliant. I really enjoyed it.