Artists, Museum Curators and Great Learners in 2F.

Thursday 12th February | 26 comments
0

What another incredibly busy week we have had!

In Maths this week the children have been working on subtraction ladders and everyone has made brilliant progress. After Half Term we will continue our work on Learning Ladders in Maths and I shall write some blog posts that will explain them in more detail.

In Art we learned about a famous Pop Artist from the 1960s and 70s, Andy Warhol. We looked at different examples of his work, but particularly focused on a set of pictures he did about endangered animals.

Warhol-endangered-species-1024x432

We all focused on the picture of the zebra. Together we used dry wipe boards and pens to draw pictures of zebras. We then stopped and gave each other some feedback on our work. We listened to the advice we were given and tried to improve our work. When we were finally happy with our work, it was photocopied and we were able to colour in 2 different versions of our pictures.

Here is an example of a first attempt and a final version.

IMG_8174 IMG_8175

Here are some of the finished pictures.

Today has been the open day of our 1960s and 70s Museum!

What a fabulous day we have all had. 1GJ and RC came to visit in the morning, and then after lunch 6W, 5/6T and 5H came over. We also welcomed parents before school and then for a session at the end of the day. The children were able to present lots of facts they had learned to our guests and then they spent some time showing their visitors all the different artifacts we had collected. We also taught each group of visitors how to do the ‘Hand Jive!’

Tomorrow we say ‘Goodbye,’ to Miss Lemont and Mr Walker, who have been doing their teaching practice with us this Half Term and first started to visit us during the Christmas term. We have all really enjoyed having them with us and we wish them both a successful career as teachers. We hope very much that they will stay in touch with us.

Tomorrow in Special Mention we will be awarding Gold Mathletics Certificates to Evie, Phoebe, Ryan, Rosemary, Ben, Elliot and Ollie. Charlie, Amelia, and Leah have also already been awarded their Gold Awards. It is brilliant to see so many children aiming to achieve weekly certificates. Well done 🙂

Special Mention is going to Bradley and Lauren this week. Bradley always does his very best and has particularly impressed Mrs Hodgson with his determination and positive attitude towards all his learning. Lauren has worked especially hard in Maths – on both her Addition and Subtraction Ladders she has progressed up 4 steps and again has shown ‘grit’ and resilience. Well done to you both. Be a Great Learner.

Mrs Fisher is off on her exciting expedition to India early in the morning. If I get wifi while I am away, I will blog some pictures for you.

Have a wonderful break and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday 23rd February.

26 responses to “Artists, Museum Curators and Great Learners in 2F.”

1. Vicky says:

Dear 2F,
    Thank you, so much for inviting us to your 60’s and 70’s museum. I really enjoyed looking around and your children guided me through all the history,I new already what the history was about (such as Beatles, records, toys, cars and because there so old it can go for a fortune on ebay) but it was fun telling us the details about them I think they have done so well to learn that much at the age of 6 or 7 years old.

I also liked how you were playing the Beatles music(on YouTube) and doing the groovy dance (even though it was embarrassing) but I enjoyed it.

I hope the children in 2F really enjoyed learning about history as it is one of my favourites subjects and it is some juicy stuff to learn about. I also hope they know how to treat toys as they can trop to bits as they are quite old.

I also enjoyed how (one of your helpers in the class) a women dressed in a dark velvet all in one with suit with some ( booster shoes) chunky shoes. It was fascinating to see all those things from all the children’s parents as they are lucky to have kept them. I do wish you could study more about history or any other subject which is good to learn about and bring things in to see.
    Thank you so much from Vicky xx

2. beth says:

Thank you very much for inviting us to the 60’s and 70’s museum. I really enjoyed looking at the different things that were from the 60’s and 70’s.I really found the hand jive fun and I still know it now.

3. Pranav says:

Hi I am Pranav in 6W I had come to your awesome groovy museum I really enjoyed it I struggled to do the Hand Jive it was difficult even some of your yr 2s did better than Me I give a 100 on how much care you took WELL DONE.

4. Niamh says:

I really enjoyed the 60s and 70s museum. It was very interesting looking at the differrent clothes. I still know the hand jive. Thank you for letting us come over and enjoy your brilliant work.

5. Jack 6W says:

I really enjoyed the time we had at the 60’s and 70’s museum. It was a great piece of our learning filled in. Thank you for letting us come and I still know the hand jive.

6. Matthew says:

I really enjoyed the 60/70s museum. It was really fun looking at the different things. I enjoyed the dancing at the end.