Year 2 News!

Friday 20th October | 3 comments
10

English

In English this week, we have continued to look at the story of Supertato and have concentrated on learning the skills of how to write questions and exclamations.

The children then used these skills to help them rewrite the beginning of the story.

We also looked at spelling rules for past tense verbs. Play this game to practise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/starship/english/games/blast_the_rocket/big_sound/full.shtml

Maths

The children have been using bar models and part whole models to help them understand the relationship between addition and subtraction and find missing numbers in calculations.

Art

Don’t the children’s food plate collages look amazing?

3 responses to “Year 2 News!”

1. Marion says:

I have just been looking at the English work on how to write questions and exclamations. I am very impressed! This work looks really fantastic! You were obviously working really hard – I hope you all had a very well deserved break over half term.
    The meals collages also look great! What a lovely idea. I bet this was really good fun too.

2. Ellen (Erin’s Mum) says:

The meals look delicious. Erin also lives doing this too! X

3. Zoe Webb says:

Jack had real fun doing this health school plate and told me all about what he made. He’s also loved reading the book and telling me all about the super hero potato. Have a great break everyone.