Let’s go fly a kite! (and make it first!)

Sunday 6th July | 3 comments
0

Tomorrow we are going to create some kites, ready to take to the seaside next week.

Here are a couple of links so that you can find out some amazing facts about kites.

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 16.48.20h-frank

We will begin by making a mini kite each and then with a partner we will scale our model up and learn the names of the parts of the kite.

In the afternoon each team will create 2 kites. You will be able to chose the materials you think will work best and then design your own kite shape. Finally we will decorate the kites…. and then they will be ready to fly! It will be very important to create our kites symmetrically, both so that they fly properly and so that they look good. We will give them a go on the school field and make any design changes needed before taking them to the seaside with us.

We will also read a story called ‘The Kite Princess.’ I’m sure the beautiful illustrations in the book will help to inspire our designs.

61e8con5ozlKitePrincess-USinterior2021-W

It’s going to be a brilliant day!

3 responses to “Let’s go fly a kite! (and make it first!)”

1. Ruqayyah says:

I love kites but the most the time for me they get stuck but it is ok because it is all about fun . I am looking forwod to Bridlington trip and fly the kites.

2. Karen Chaudhari says:

Can’t wait to see your kites 2F…I bet they will look great at Bridlington on Tues! Eva has been singing “Let’s fly a kite” all afternoon…have you seen the film Mary Poppins?

3. Kate park says:

That sounds like lots of fun, Isla flew a big kite on the isle of mull. She learnt to control it well. I hope you all have a fantastic day.