First Week Back in 2L!

Tuesday 7th June | 2 comments
0

Well we have certainly enjoyed the first few days of our new topic focus!
Through drama, the children have been learning about the different settings from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Yesterday, we explored Charlie Bucket’s house and then the children wrote an estate agent’s advert describing the house. Today, we recreated the scene outside the gates of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. Here is a video of our soundscape and some photos of our drama.

Later on today, we discovered a mysterious old suitcase in the classroom and had to work out from the clues, which were inside, who it belonged to. The children worked out that the suitcase actually belonged to Roald Dahl! The children then went on a Roald Dahl fact hunt around the room.

Tomorrow in art, the children are going to start to design their own sweet-world settings based on the inside of Willy Wonka’s factory. I shall upload photos when the art work is finished.

Maths this week has been focusing on time using analogue clocks. We have been learning how to tell the time to the five minute. You can help your child by making sure they understand which is the hour hand and which is the minute hand as well as practising the difference between minutes past and minutes to the hour.
Here are two games to help your child practise:

stop the clock

http://resources.oswego.org/games/stoptheclock/sthec2.html

Capture

http://resources.oswego.org/games/stoptheclock/sthec3.html

Many thanks for your continued support.

2 responses to “First Week Back in 2L!”

1. Mrs Fisher says:

Hello 2L, I’ve been thinking of you lots and it’s always great to click on the blog and read about all the brilliant work you have been doing.

I know that you had the camp over last weekend, and I would have loved to have come and joined you, but I had my hip operation done. Anyway I had my hip operation done and it all went well.

It’s great to see that George got his Gold award last week and that Pareen only needs 3 more before he has his 2nd Gold. Keep practising …. be the best that you can be.

Bye for now, Mrs Fisher 🙂

2. Katie NW's mum says:

I think I like the idea of studying chocolate at school. I hope you invite all the parents to a chocolate tasting session