Year 2 News this week
Friday 14th December | No comments yet
This week, we have enjoyed lots of different activities:
- We have enjoyed watching the Foundation Stage and KS2 dress rehearsals as well as putting in lots of practise for our own!
- 2La had their last visit to Gym Magic. Everyone in Year 2 has been fantastic on our visits there!
- In maths we have been working hard on understanding the concept of multiplication. Children have investigated arrays, written and solved multiplication stories and have started to work out multiplication calculations on their own including those with missing numbers. Keep practising times tables at home- You can use Mathletics or TTRockstars to support this.
- In English we read the story ‘ Harvey Slumfenburger’s Christmas Present’ and have enjoyed discussion and writing activities from the book.
- In topic this week, we learned about the town of Churchill in Canada. Children used maps to locate it and then researched interesting facts. Children made posters to show what they found out:
Reminders for next week:
- A few children still do not have their Christmas Play costumes in school. Please can you make sure they have the appropriate clothing on Monday morning at the latest! Thank you.
Performance times in the Junior Hall:
Tuesday 18th December 2pm
Wednesday 19th December 9:30am
- We are having our Christmas Party on Thursday. Please send in your £1 contribution. Children can come to school in their party clothes.
Have a lovely weekend!
The Year 2 Team