Year 2 Workshops

Friday 26th January | 7 comments
12

Y2 Assessment Workshop

Thank you to all the parents who came to our Y2 Assessment workshop on Wednesday evening. For those of you who could not attend, I have attached the powerpoint presentation below. If you would like any further information please feel free to ask.

KS1 assessment and expectations 2017

Y2 SAT Buster workbooks

You should have all received copies of two workbooks. The reading book can be worked through at your child’s pace, however, it would be best if the maths booklets were used to consolidate  learning already covered at school. Suggested sections to try first are: Section 1- Numbers, p32-34- Money and Section 5- Statistics. If you have any further questions or comments regarding the workbooks, please ask your child’s class teacher.

Moving Words Workshop

The children thoroughly enjoyed their workshop yesterday with Colin and Julie from Moving Words. They were so enthusiastic and engaged throughout and their performance at the end was fantastic. This experience covered many areas of learning including history, speaking and listening and PSHE. All the staff are very proud of them for their efforts.

Thank you for supporting us and coming along. Please leave a comment to let us know what you enjoyed!

Today the children wrote thank you letters to Colin and Julie:

We started our letters with a greeting, then said why we were writing. We said what we had enjoyed, our favourite bits and what we had learned. We remembered capital letters for proper nouns e.g. Colin, The Beatles, Mary Poppins and extended our sentences using different coordinating and subordinating conjunctions.

Next week, we are going to the moon!

Have a great weekend,

The Year 2 Team

7 responses to “Year 2 Workshops”

1. Carolyn (Emily and Leah's mum) says:

Thank you for all the information on the SATS. I feel a lot more informed now.
    It was great to see the performance of the workshop. Everyone looked great, you certainly crammed a lot of learning in to one day. It was fantastic.

2. Amanda (Daniels mum) says:

Well done to all the children in the performance, they were all fabulous and it was a great show. Glad I was able to attend.

3. Zoe Webb says:

Thank you for a very informative SATs workshop. Really glad I was able to attend as enabled me to know what Jack needs to work towards and how I can support him on his journey. It was also good to see so many other parents there too. Well done to Miss Lace esp with Mrs Loveridge being poorly. Get well soon Mrs Loveridge. I know Jack has missed you. Really sad I missed the workshop. Maybe an idea but a lot of “trips” are on a Thursday this year could we do any other days? Wednesday? Friday’s? I know i am not the only one who is sad they missed out on this.

4. Sarah (Holly's mum) says:

The Moving Words workshop and performance was really good and I was really impressed that they learnt all that in one day. Holly has been singing some of the songs from it at home.

5. Natalie Stanton says:

The Moving Words workshop was great, the children all did so well to learn all of that in one day and they all looked to be really enjoying themselves. Joshua’s still singing some of the songs and has been trying to master saying supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. He’s not wanting to watch Mary Poppins!

6. Ellen (Erin’s Mum) says:

I was sorry to miss this but Grandad said it was a brilliant show and the kids looked really engaged. A bit of a blast from the past for him too! Erin was dancing and singing until bedroom. Think this might be one Erin’s favourite ‘school trips’. She has come so far with her confidence this year so this was brilliant to see how engaged they all were. Thank you.

7. peterharris says:

I was really sorry to miss the Thursday 1960s performance but we did get an email from the organisers afterwards that stated:
    “I just wanted to thank you again for today- we thought that the children did really well in their performance and, I should add, that it’s unusual for us to work with the same KS1 children for a full day as, obviously, they do get tired. It was noticeable that there were some youngsters who really did give 100% and were totally ‘on the ball’ throughout. Impressive. Julie also commented, quite rightly, that the staff were very supportive both to us and the children so please pass on our thanks to them as well.
    Looking forward to working with you again whenever you want us!”

I was impressed with the letter writing and I enjoyed looking at some Year 2 books earlier this week with Kaleb and Amreece. Let’s hope Mrs Loveridge is better next week: many thanks to the staff that looked after the class so well this week.