A final busy week in 2F.

Saturday 4th April | 1 comment
0

We’ve had a really exciting and busy week. I posted earlier in the week about our plan to develop the North Grounds to create our own special North Nature Centre. The children have drawn up their own plans and you will have seen some examples of their brilliant writing about this, in our class window and also on the blog.

The children are developing a real love of nature and are becoming experts on birds, mini-beasts, pond-life and plants. After the holidays, we will continue with this project and we hope to be able to share our knowledge with families at the PTA Summer Sleepover event. More bird feeders are planned, along with nesting boxes and the planting of wildflowers and flowers that attract bees and butterflies.

In Maths the children revisited our previous work on subtraction and we looked at how we can write down subtraction calculations in columns, using our knowledge of splitting numbers into tens and units. (partitioning) Below is a video which explains the method we used in class.

The Learning Log task for the holidays is all about encouraging the children to look for opportunities to use their Maths skills in every day situations, such as shopping, going on an outing, going to the cinema, preparing a meal. Please also encourage your child to do some Mathletics over the holidays… little and often is the most effective way to practise.

Well done to Manroop for winning the egg decorating competition for 2F.

Have a happy holiday and we look forward to seeing you back in school on Monday 20th April. I will post again soon with information about all the wonderful things we will be learning then. Best wishes from all Team 2F 🙂

One response to “A final busy week in 2F.”

1. Husna says:

I had a BRILLIANT time first it was hard but then I DID IT and I got on too next challenge ☺