Mangahigh – Boss of the North

Friday 3rd July | 3 comments
1

Learning maths facts is a vital part of becoming a good Mathematician. In lessons the children learn key facts, such as number bonds and times tables, but it is only with repeated practise that these facts become embedded in their brain’s wiring. Once the fact is really understood and learned, they can retrieve it quickly and then their brain can focus on the problem they are applying it too.

Maths computer games are a brilliant way to have fun and practise your Maths at the same time. Mathletics is a great program for this and it is wonderful to see so many children now regularly getting a weekly certificate.

Playing for a short amount of time, regularly, is the best way to practise. Just 15 minutes, a few times a week, really make a difference.

Mangahigh is another online Maths game. It is similar in some aspects to Mathletics, but different in others. As a school we are currently thinking about possibly using Mangahigh at Upper KS2, and Mathletics for KS1 and Lower KS2.

Mangahigh are holding a special competition next week, called ‘ Boss of the North!’ We have set up Mangahigh accounts for children from Year 2-6 using their Mathletics passwords, so that they should find logging in fairly simple. They also need the schools Mangahigh ID – 278209

Click on the image below to access Mangahigh

Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 05.31.21

At the end of the week we will run a Survey Monkey to see what everyone has thought about the program.

If you would like to read more about the ‘Boss of the North Competition’ click here.

3 responses to “Mangahigh – Boss of the North”

1. Phoebe's Mum. says:

Thanks for sharing this. Mathletics has been a real hit in our house and Mangahigh looks like it will be just as appealing.

2. lorainelambert says:

Hi Logan and Macey’s mum! I think you may have sussed I really love my maths. Algebra and codes are my favourite areas and there’s nothing nicer than a challenging puzzle to get those neurons firing. Next week the children have to solve a problem. The problem is 48. That’s all they will be told!
    It is going to be fun.

3. Nadine (Logan & Macey's mum) says:

Sounds intriguing, I am looking forward to watching Macey on this, she told me about what she had learnt with Mrs Lambert at Maths club.