This week in 2F.

Saturday 17th January | 5 comments
0

We’ve been so busy this week! The previous two blog posts tell you about about some of our learning, but we have also been busy with our new topic about the 1960s and 70s too.

We started the week by sharing our Learning Logs with each other. The children enjoyed showing each other the work they had done and chatting about what they had learned from talking to friends and relatives about their memories from different eras.

Our Topic and English work is all about the 1960s and 70s. We have been enjoying looking at non fiction texts  and finding out facts about what life was like at this time. Many thanks to families who have sent in some artefacts. Next week the children will be writing about the artefacts, ready for us to display them in our special museum, which will be open for viewing in the last week of the half term. ( Details of opening times will follow soon.)

In PE the children have started to learn some of the dance moves of the 60s and 70s and will be putting together their own dance sequence over the following weeks. If you fancy practising at home, here is the link to a video we have been using!

Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 09.02.16

This weeks Special Mention children were Evie  and Rosemary. They both have been working hard and doing their very best in everything we do. ‘Be the best you can be.’

Our Mathlete of the week was Leah and this week we also celebrated our first Gold Mathletics Certificate, which was awarded to Amelia. Well done to you all. 🙂

Thank you to everyone who has returned their slips for our trip to the York Castle Museum and also to the parents who have volunteered to help on the trip.

Monday 19th January is a training day, so I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday.

5 responses to “This week in 2F.”

1. Heather's Nana says:

I really enjoyed reading the blogs. What a great school, you must all enjoy learning about different things. Well done Heather and the whole school.

2. Heather's Aunty Liz says:

Lovely to see everyone’s project. I got asked about the clothes I wore in the 1970s when I was Heather’s age. Lots of brown corduroy which helped when I played the donkey in the school play.

3. Kirsty (Nina's mum) says:

I have really enjoyed sharing the blog with Nina this week, she was singing me all the songs as I watched the lovely videos, it looks like you have all had a great time learning about the brain and measuring. The maths games have frustrated Nina’s daddy (especially Rush Hour!). We have enjoyed practising the twist and sharing time with grandparents about their memories, there is some really interesting work from you all I wish I could come to school!

4. Claire Brennan says:

It looks as though you’ve all had a fantastic week and learnt a lot of new things.
    This morning, Evie was teaching her daddy all the moves to the dances you have been learning. They had a lot of fun and I wish I’d secretly recorded them!