This week in Year 2

Saturday 14th November | 2 comments
0

It’s been such a busy week; I’ve already posted two posts below and there’s still more news to share!

Friday was Children in Need, and the children came in their home clothes and brought in donations for Children in Need. Thank you also to the parents who bought the badges and baked cakes and biscuits for the bun sale. The children went down to the hall and placed their coins on a picture of Pudsey Bear. We are wrote messages about changes we would like to make and these will form a new display in the hall, very soon. Together we raised a fabulous total of over £925.

We also had a very special visitor to assembly at the end of the day!

This week in phonics we have been exploring some alternative phonemes.

wr – making the sound r, as in words like wrong, write and wrote.

c – making the sound s, as in words like circle and cinema.

kn – making the sound n, as in words like knock.

gn – making the sound n, as in words like gnome.

Special Mentions in both year classes were for children who had worked especially hard on their poems –  Yaqoob and Alfie from 2C and Harry, Sally and Zahrah from 2F. Well done to these children.

Our Mathlete of the week was Corday, with an amazing score of over 5000 points. Year 2 achieved 30 certificates last week. Keep up the good work and remember that practise makes progress.

Next week we start a new topic and will be finding our about different countries and continents. We look forward to the children bringing in their learning logs, so that we can see which country they decided to find out about at home. We are going to be sending messages to a school in New Zealand to help us find out more about this wonderful country.

Enjoy your weekend. Well done from all the Year 2 Team.

2 responses to “This week in Year 2”

1. olivia says:

wow I loved that day when Pudsey came to my building he tride to eat a cake whith his face on is

2. Harry Scott's mum says:

Wow Year 2, you really have had such a busy and exciting week.

I loved seeing all the poppies on the edge of the playground – they reminded me so much of the scene at the Sculpture park. The poems look wonderful too!
    Keep up the good work