Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Palace

Tuesday 9th June | 7 comments
0

In Science this week we have been investigating which chocolate would make the best bricks for Willy Wonka’s chocolate palace. We had to find the chocolate which was least likely to melt in the hot sun. The children helped plan and devise the investigation, thinking about how to make it a fair test. They then measured the length of time it took the different types of chocolate to melt. The children predicted what they thought was going to happen and drew conclusions giving reasons for their ideas.

7 responses to “Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Palace”

1. Nina says:

I enjoyed sharing the blog with my mummy. I told her about the chocolate investigation and why the white chocolate melted first! What has happened to the chocolate?

• mrsloveridge says:

I’m glad you enjoyed the chocolate investigation Nina. It is interesting you should ask about what happened to the chocolate… What do you think happened to it? 🙂

2. Kirsty (Nina's mum) says:

I have enjoyed sharing the blog with Nina and hearing about the chocolate investigation and why the white chocolate melted first! I wonder what happened to the chocolate after the invesitgation!! We are enjoying hearing all about the learning for Roald Dahl and are intrigued by lots of new facts we didn’t know and who the original characters were!

3. Sarah Elliots Mum says:

Elliot has been showing me all the exciting things you have been doing at school about Charlie & The Chocolate Factory on the blog. It looks like you have had great fun & I have enjoyed reading all about it & looking at all your hard work.

• mrsloveridge says:

It’s great to hear that Elliot is enjoying his work so much. We really enjoy teaching it too!!

4. jasroop says:

I really enjoyed testing the chocolates it made me hungry.