A brilliant session with the bee keepers.

Saturday 13th September | 7 comments
0

We had a wonderful time on Wednesday morning when Nicole and Sue came to tell us all about bees. Nicole and Sue keep some bees on our farm; it is brilliant that we have bees at school, especially when our logo has a hive and bees! Nicole showed us all the different parts of the hive and told us a lot of fascinating information. We played a game which had us all doing the ‘waggle dance!’ Do ask your child to show you and explain what the ‘waggle dance’ is!

Ollie, Leah and Evie dressed up in bee keepers outfits and we all got to taste some honey. Next week we are going to be making some delicious honey biscuits! The children will be writing the instructions for them, so we will be able to post the recipe on the blog for you next week.

A huge thank you to Nicole and Sue for coming to visit us. We all learned so much about bees.

7 responses to “A brilliant session with the bee keepers.”

1. luke says:

that looks like fun

2. Nahed (Umayyahs mum) says:

Umayyah really enjoyed learning lots of different facts about bees and is very excited about having bees at school

3. Amelia says:

Laura has enjoyed learning all about the bees, thank you Nicole & Sue for coming in to school to teach the children about bees. They really are amazing

4. Nicole (Katie's Mum) says:

I had a great morning! The kids were so attentive and had come up with some extremely good questions. They did son great waggling when searching for the nectar. I really enjoyed visiting and am very glad that the children enjoyed it too.

5. Chloe A says:

Miles has been telling me more and more bee facts all week and practising his waggle dance. We are so lucky to have bees at our school!

6. Zoe (Ruby's mum) says:

Ruby had a great time learning all about bees and told us some really interesting facts. She thought the honey was delicious!

• janefisher says:

Thank you for your comment. I’m glad Ruby enjoyed learning about honey. I think a lot of the children will be asking for honey on their toast this week! From Mrs Fisher 🙂