Friday 27th March

Friday 27th March | 1 comment
7

Home Learning

Thank you to everyone who has been emailing us with their learning from home. Please continue to do this and we will share on the blog. Here a a few from this week:

Geography/Computing

Can you create a pic collage to show what you have learned about Africa?

PicCollage - Easy Photo Grid & Template Editor – Apps on Google Play

This is an App that can be downloaded onto a smartphone or tablet. The children are familiar with how to use it. Try adding some pictures from the web and then adding some text captions. You could then email these in to teachers and we can share them on the blog!

Maths

I hope you have been able to do some of the maths activities set. I know some people don’t have access to a printer so here are some ideas that you can do straight into your books.

Unit Fractions

• Draw some shapes. You could draw around something if this helps.
  • Split the shape into equal parts. You could make 2, 3 or 4 equal parts.
  • Shade in 1 of the parts. Write the fraction you have shaded. e.g. 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4

Non-Unit Fractions

-Do the same as above but instead of shading just 1 part, shade more than 1 part to show 2/3 or 3/4

Some more maths to do!

Find 8 objects that you could use. If you have cubes at home or lego bricks, these would be perfect. How can we find 1/2 of 8? How can we find 1/4 of 8?

We can show fractions of numbers using a bar model, like the one above.

Can you make a bar model to show 1/2 and 1/4 of 12?

Challenge: How would you find 1/3 of 12?

Use the bar model below to help.

Purple Mash- message from Mrs Wilson

I have enjoyed looking at all the tasks the children have handed in from our Computing lessons over the last couple of weeks on Purple Mash. During the time your child is away from school I will regularly set more tasks. They just need to log into Purple Mash and then look at their 2Do’s. Some will have a hand in date and others will be left open for them to come back to.

Year 2 – Remember to save your progress when you exit and when you have completed a task you can hand it in. I would like it if you could add a comment about the work or about how you are getting on being away from school. I will look at your work and send comments back. I have set a pizza fractions maths game for you to have a go at this week. The tasks will vary, and I will give instructions about how to complete them where necessary.  I’ll make sure I set some tasks just for fun too! 

Enjoy Purple Mashing!

Mrs Wilson.

One response to “Friday 27th March”

1. Shelly says:

Thank you all for all your hard work.
    Aayush is trying to do all the homework that is set up for him. But also having fun at the same time.
    He is missing his friends.
    xx