Lego Maths and our new amazing bricks!

Saturday 26th January | 5 comments
0

Lego Maths. on PhotoPeach

Having weighed, measured, sorted, estimated, made Venn and Carroll diagrams and symmetrical pictures – all with Lego bricks, we realised that Lego don’t make a brick with 5×2 circles on it! We decided that a brick with 10 circles would be fantastic to use in our Maths lessons, so we made our own! We have glued the 2×4 and 2×1 bricks together and the 2×3 and 2×2 bricks, and also found some other combinations. Mrs Fisher sprayed them gold for the class to make them really special – but the Gold spray was very smelly so it was done in her kitchen at home or at school when the children had gone home!

On Friday the children were given the bricks and dry wipe boards and pens – look at the fantastic Maths they did! At the end of the lesson  a couple of the children showed the class what they had been doing and we videoed them.

5 responses to “Lego Maths and our new amazing bricks!”

1. Polly says:

Fantisco.

2. Polly says:

Well done.

3. Lynda D (Team 100WC) says:

I love the idea of using Lego bricks to do maths. How resourceful of you to create your own ’10’ bricks too. Do you find it makes maths more enjoyable using Lego? I think I’d find it so much easier because you can see and touch the numbers. It would definitely help me learn better.
    Well done, everyone.

4. Polly says:

Amazing work.

5. Amalia says:

Well Done Chloe an Josh!!!!!