Mathletics!

Saturday 14th September | 8 comments
0

Yesterday all the children in Year 2 learned how to play Mathletics. There was a real BUZZZZ in the classroom as we learned how to play the different games. Isla achieved our first certificate and we were all very proud of her.

Everyone took there usernames and passwords home so that they could play on computers out of school too. I was amazed when I checked later in the evening and saw that 14 children had achieved their certificates! Well done to all those children who have gone home and already played!

8 responses to “Mathletics!”

1. Jayne says:

Hello Year 2

What a great video – you all seem to be really enjoying Mathletics as much as I do. As Mrs Fisher and Deane have said, learning should be fun and Mathletics will help you enjoy practising your maths. I am pleased that so many of you have achieved your first Bronze certificate.
    I will be following Year 2 each week to see who will be the first to achieve their SILVER certificate, will it be Ben in 2F?
    Good luck,

Jayne – The Mathletics team.

2. Andy Gaunt says:

Well Done 2F you all look totally into your learning. Ben has been working really hard to achieve his certificates – he’s desperate to achieve Silver

3. Deane says:

Hello 2F,

I am expecting big things from you! Year 2 is a very special year and one of my favourites! Make some great memories and have lots of fun. Work hard, NEVER give up and you will achieve many great things!

Isla you should be very proud to be the first to achieve a certificate. Now all you need to do is get one every week until you have a gold. Remember every certificate gets you 100 bonus credits for your avatar so the more you get the richer you will be. Well done to everyone that has gained a certificate this week – Keep them coming!

I wish all of 2F the very best for the new school year! You can all be great if you believe in yourself, try your very best and most of all, listen to your teacher!

From

Deane – The Mathletics Man

4. K Chaudhari says:

Thanks for the Mathletics workshop today…Eva was very keen to get going again when we got home tonight. What a great, fun way to get everyone excited about learning Maths (the Parents too!)

5. Kate Park says:

Hello 2 F, we have just watched your Mathlectics clip, everyone looks like they were really enjoying there learning. we are very proud of isla, working hard and getting her first certificate. Well done isla love mum and dad

• janefisher says:

We were all very proud of Isla getting our first certificate. Well done. I am sure it will be the first of many. Thank you for commenting on the blog. from Mrs Fisher 🙂

6. Emma Pickering says:

Wow!! Really impressed with the children’s enthusiasm with the launch of mathletics. Keep up the hard work and have lots of fun playing the games, well done! Enjoy collecting your certificates. What a great start for 2F, I am sure all the parents are very proud of you all already. Colm has had great fun playing mathletics at home!

Emma Pickering (Colm’s Mum)

• janefisher says:

Thank you for your comment. I’m so glad that the children are as enthusiastic about Mathletics as I am! The secret of learning is lots of practise and Mathletics helps to make this fun. Congratulations to Colm for achieving his first Bronze certificate at home. 24 children in Year 2 have achieved Bronze certificates since Friday! An amazing achievement, well done from Mrs Fisher 🙂