Moving Words and other news

Friday 25th January | 7 comments
3

Moving Words Workshop

We had a fantastic time on Thursday in our 1960’s workshop. It was great to welcome Colin, Julie and Adam back to Farfield for the third year running. They led the children through an exciting journey of the 1960s through movement, sign language, music, dance and poetry. Thank you to those of you who were able to come along at the end of the day for the performance.

Parents Workshop

Thank you to all the parents who attended the Year 2 Assessment Meeting on Wednesday night.  We hope you found it useful and gave you a deeper insight into end of Key Stage One assessment.  Class teachers are happy to speak to any parent who was unable to make the meeting or answer any questions you may have.

Please find attached the supporting powerpoint presentation.

KS1 assessment and expectations 2019

Tonight, the children are bringing home a maths reasoning and a reading booklet.  For the maths, it would be helpful if you complete section 1 of the booklet but leave the other chapters until we have covered these concepts in class.  Please feel free to complete the reading booklet at your own pace.

7 responses to “Moving Words and other news”

1. Netti Cairns says:

Thursday’s performance was fantastic! Well done to all of the children in Year 2. They learned so much in just one day and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I’m sure they will remember the day for years to come.

2. Amy Dennis says:

The performance was fantastic!

3. Afsana khan says:

What a brilliant performance by year 2, I totally enjoyed watching them. Just amazing how much they learnt in one day, keep up the good work.

4. Joanne Adey says:

Jackson’s Nana and I couldn’t believe how much the children had learnt in the moving words workshop on Thursday, and to see that they still had the energy to put on a fabulous performance for us at the end of the day! 🙂

5. Mehnaz Begum says:

Well done year 2 on the performance. It was great to see all the things the children learnt about the 1960’s.

6. Zoe Briggs says:

The meeting about the SATS was very informative and useful in helping us to see how we can support Joe’s learning, thank you. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance on Thursday and I was amazed how much the children had learned in just one day! Well done year 2.

7. Davina-Jenna’s Mum says:

Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the performance! Such a great effort from both pupils and teachers! Jenna really enjoyed the whole day! Thank you for making it such a memorable birthday for her!