Our next learning adventure.

Monday 18th February | 6 comments
0

Spring 2_1

I hope you are all having a super Half Term break, but just incase you are wondering what we will be doing when we return to school next week, here is a Calendar planner for March! I think you will agree that it looks very exciting and lots of fun.

In Literacy we will be exploring books by the author, Julia Donaldson. Some of her stories, like the Gruffalo, you may already be familiar  with, but we will also enjoy her new book, The Paper Dolls, and books like Jack and the Flumflum tree, and the Singing Mermaid. Check out her website. It is also World Book Day, so get your costumes ready and prepare for a day of brilliant books.The Extreme Reading Challenge will continue and we will keep posting comments about all our favourite books.

In Numeracy we will do some problem solving and maths based on Julia Donaldson’s books, and we have the excitement of World Maths Day too! Don’t forget that Mathletics is now available as a free App on ipads and android devices as a Samsung app.

Our Topic for this Half Term is about humans and animals – Animal Magic.

In the meantime, enjoy your Half Term. 🙂

6 responses to “Our next learning adventure.”

1. Amalia says:

Mrs fFisher I have gone to the Bradford Media Museum to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• janefisher says:

I’m glad you have been to the Media Museum – it is a wonderful place. What did you enjoy most? Did you go and see a film too?
      Well done for blogging and letting me know the author of the book you read, I shall try and put it on our book shelf now! from Mrs Fisher 🙂

2. Amalia says:

I love reading!!!

3. janefisher says:

Thank you for your comments, Amalia and Polly. I’m so glad that you both love reading. I have got lots of amazing new books by Julia Donaldson for you all to enjoy after the holidays. Have you been to the Bradford Media Museum to see the Horrid Henry exhibition? Enjoy the weekend, and see you both on Tuesday. From Mrs Fisher 🙂

4. Polly says:

Reading is fantastic and great for your brain.

5. Amalia says:

My favorite thing is actully READING!