This week in 2H

Saturday 10th May | No comments yet
0

In literacy, we have been writing reports about dinosaurs. The children were modelled how to write a report and have completed lots of shared writing to help them organise their work in to paragraphs. They have been ensuring they include an introduction, information on 3 dinosaurs and then a conclusion. The children have also been checking their sentences to make sure they have extended them using as, so, because. For example, T-Rex dinosaurs have a long pointed tailso they can swiftly turn around and knock over their prey.

The children have also painted their clay models of T-Rex which they should have brought home today! This afternoon, they have been experimenting with Poplet on the IPads by taking pictures of their models, getting picturesof T-Rex from the Internet and adding text. Follow the link to see some examples.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mgvoq9yvmehgs03/AAAJyOjqFRLXQP2Ubp7RkRXta?n=209076046#lh:null-IMG_0987.JPG

In numeracy, the children have been practising subtraction using Numicon, number lines or written methods. They have also been working out what time a clock would show an hour, 2 hours or 3 hours later. For example, I left the house at 9:30 and it took me 2 hours to get to the shops. What time did I arrive?

I have set the children a Mathletics booklet for homework this week. As I said on the note attached, please don’t feel the children have to answer all the questions. One question a day or a couple at the weekend is fine. If the children have been given two booklets, they can answer a few questions from each booklet.