TV clips from the 1960s and 70s.

Wednesday 29th January | 4 comments
0

At our museum we have displayed a QR code that visitors can scan with the iPads. The QR code will bring them to the blog so that they can look at the work we have already posted here about the 1960s and 70s but we thought it would be fun to also show a few clips of TV programs from this time.

Here is a clip from Blue Peter in the 1960s starring the Daleks from Dr. Who. You can see that the program was in black and white and the quality is not very good. Colour TV was not invented until 1967 and then it was BBC 2 which first showed programs in colour while the other two channels were still black  and white!

At the museum you will see that we have a fabulous collection of toys which are vehicles from the popular shows of the 1960s and 70s. Toys such as the vehicles from Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90, all programs written by Gerry Anderson and made using puppets. These programs are still popular today. Here is the beginning of an episode of Thunderbirds from 1967, one of the first children’s programs in colour.

In 1969 Neil Armstrong was the 1st man to walk on the moon and in this video you hear him say the famous words, “One small step for (a) man and one giant step for mankind.” Today we have more computer power in our mobile phone than they had in the whole space ship!

4 responses to “TV clips from the 1960s and 70s.”

1. Elsie says:

BRILLIANT I love all of these videos. It made me feel superalifragalisticexpialidois!!!

2. Ruqayyah says:

Had a great trip today. I learnt lots of new facts about 1960s and 70s. Thank you Mrs Fisher you are the best.

3. Olivia says:

Der 2f I gust wanted to gust to tell you in have bin lookin at you blog I relee love yor blog 2f so I hop you Inge you trip and wen we shod peepul around ifelt happi but sori I cudnt stay at school but you war all so brilynt 2f and preesh go bay and hop you will have a nays Tam at you nas school

4. ffpslks24c says:

Thank you 2F for inviting us to your amazing museum. You know so much about the 1960’s and 1970’s! We all enjoyed it very much!

Mrs Charlesworth and class 3C