Wednesday 20th May

Tuesday 19th May | No comments yet
6

Good morning everyone. Here are some activities for Wednesday and Thursday plus some other activities that you may want to try. There are lots of amazing photos to see too!

Maths

Do you know your times tables? Practise counting in 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s. You can answer questions on TTRockstars to learn the facts or play games like hit the button. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

White Rose Maths Lesson 3- The 2 times Table

White Rose Maths Lesson 4- the 5 x table

English

Watch Mrs Lace making a smoothie:

Now we would like you to have a go at making your own smoothie. As you are making it, think about each instruction. How will you make your recipe clear for someone else to follow?

Watch this video now. It shows how important it is to listen to instructions!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p011stx3

If you aren’t able to make your own smoothie, don’t worry, you can write the instructions using Mrs Lace’s recipe. There is a writing frame in your packs if you need to use it.

Look at the recipe in your chocolate factory booklets for how to set it out. Can you include an introduction and something to try next time as well as your ingredients list and step by step instructions?

We can’t wait to see your recipes!

Reading Challenges

Spelling

This week’s spellings: words ending -al

Can you make 3 lists of words. Words ending el, words ending le and words ending al?

Other activities to try

• PE this week

Message from Mrs Wilson

Thank you to all those children who are completing the range of tasks on Purple Mash. I have been really impressed with the Fair Trade posters I’ve seen and they have encouraged me to shop for more Fair Trade products. Lots of you have tried the coding games so I have set a new one for you to try and there is also a fun activity for you to design some new chocolates for Wonka’s factory. I know that lots of you have been reading whilst at home so I have added a book review task. Write a review of a book you have recently enjoyed. I will read the reviews and then share some of your recommendations on the blog. I really enjoy reading your messages and recordings when you hand your work in and I always make sure to reply. Keep safe and keep smiling.

Photos from home

Lockdown Chocolate Factory at home:

Photos from school