Where does our food come from? Bread.

Tuesday 25th March | 2 comments
0

At the end of this week we will be visiting a Co-op Farm near Goole to find out more about how our food gets to our plate. Click on the picture below to find out about this Co operative Farm, and on the second image to find out more about how grain becomes bread.
Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 04.39.00Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 04.44.56

Here are a couple of videos that give you more information.

We’re going to send out some tweets to see if we can get some information from Wheat farmers in this country and maybe even across the world. We really want to know what it is like to be an arable farmer? We all really enjoy the sandwiches in our packed lunches, the toast we have for breakfast and all the other products made with grain, but rarely do we stop and think about how it’s been made.

2 responses to “Where does our food come from? Bread.”

1. Clem Pickering says:

That was a really interesting bread making video 2F. I really like making my own bread and sometimes make sourdough, which is bread made with natural yeasts rather than commercial yeast. It takes much longer to rise than the bread in this video (overnight usually) but tastes great! Bread is a really interesting topic I hope you enjoy learning about it

2. Ruqayyah says:

Hi Mrs Fisher I am going to love learning about Where does our food come from? I loved the video you put on as well lost of love Ruqayyah!!!