Y2 Skipping Team

Friday 23rd March | 3 comments
7

This morning, 30 Year 2 pupils took part in a skipping competition with 6 other local schools.

Children took part in individual and team skipping events: double bounce, speed bounce, side swing, paired skipping, run  jump out and keep the pot boiling.

All children took part in extra skipping throughout the morning, learning some new skipping skills.

Everyone received a certificate for taking part and some children earned extra bronze or gold awards for their individual or team events. The organisers said how close all the school’s scores were so everybody should be very proud of their efforts.

Most importantly, all the children had a great time and were a credit to themselves and the school. Well done everyone!

3 responses to “Y2 Skipping Team”

1. Carolyn (Emily and Leah's mum) says:

Emily said she loved skipping. She loved the run jump skip the best and has been trying to teach us all over the weekend!

2. Ellen (Erin’s Mum) says:

Some great action shots too. Well done Farfield.

3. Zoe Webb (Jack Shann's mum) says:

When Jack came home with the letter for this event he told he how lucky he was to have been chosen so to see the year 2 do so well is great and Jack was over the moon with his gold certificate. Personally I have learnt loads about skipping as naively I just thought you just skipped but Jack has this week educated me on the different types/styles of skipping. Each day I am proud of my son for trying his best but yesterday I was even prouder because I know how proud he was to achieve this award and be selected. Thanks to all the staff for took him and well done to all the children who were selected. You all did amazing. This was a great end to a long week for staff and students