2L News

Wednesday 20th April | 3 comments
0

Hello and welcome back!

I am hoping that everyone had a lovely break and is looking forward to the Summer Term.

This term is going to be very exciting and busy.  Our topic is called ‘All Things Bright and Beautiful’ and we will be spending a lot of time learning about different mini-beasts and plants as well as the habitats they live in. We are linking this with our Literacy curriculum through poetry and report writing.  Later in the term, the children will be visiting Skelton Grange and making mini-beast hotels in school.

In Maths the children are looking at the relationship between multiplication and division.  We are also looking at how to solve everyday problems involving multiplication and division.

We are very excited that Mrs Cruise is teaching the class on Thursday mornings and all day Fridays.  Mrs Cruise is replacing Ms Howells.  The children will still be seeing a lot of Ms Howells as she is continuing with her recorder club and she will see the children when we visit the farm.

PE days have changed and they are now taking place on Monday and Thursday.

Throughout the month of May, the children will be taking their KS1 SATs.  The tests will be spread out across the month and we are going to make these tests as child friendly as possible.  In fact, in the past the children didn’t even realise they were taking the tests!

Supporting your child with their reading and times tables (x2, x3, x5, x10) is always appreciated.  I have updated all the children’s books on Bug Club www.activelearnprimary.co.uk  and allocated new tasks on Mathletics.

As always we really appreciate your on-going support.

Kind regards,

All the staff in 2L

3 responses to “2L News”

1. Mrs Fisher says:

A huge well done to Lewis for getting his Gold Certificate this week! I am so proud of the effort you are putting into your work. George and Sam, I hope you get your’s this week.

It was my Mum’s 85th birthday last week! Can you work out when she was born? Her birthday is on the same days as the Queens, but they weren’t born in the same year, when was the Queen born?

Have a wonderful week everyone and keep being the best you can be.
    Bye for now, Mrs Fisher 🙂

2. Mrs Fisher says:

Hi everyone in 2L. I hope you’ve had a brilliant holiday and I know you will all be working really hard for Mrs Loveridge and Mrs Cruise.
    I’m busy helping schools get better at Maths by using Mathletics and am spending more time with my Mum, but I still often think of you all.
    I’m so proud to see that 6 of you have got your Gold Awards already. Well done Sally, Pareen, Corday, Joel, Sophie and Joel. I hope that Lewis, George and Sam all get their certificate and then you will have achieved a Gold Award too. I can also see that Sally has nearly achieved her 2nd Gold Award! That takes a lot of effort, so a huge well done 🙂
    It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful half term, keep being the best that you can be. Bye for now, from Mrs Fisher 🙂

• mrsloveridge says:

Hi Mrs Fisher,
      Great to hear from you! Katie and George would like you to know it was their birthdays last week. We all miss you and hope you are enjoying your new job.
      Lots of love all the children in 2L