Y2’s Adventures to the Moon
Thursday 12th January | 4 comments
This week, we have been on our own journeys to the moon!
We learned all about the moon landing in 1969 and researched Neil Armstrong’s life history. We loved watching the video footage of Neil and Buzz bouncing on the moon!
Through drama, we created our own 5 part story, around the theme of going to the moon. We are now writing our own versions of the story.
- Opening-We began by packing our suitcases and building our rockets.
- Build up- We launched into space, described what we saw and heard before landing on the moon.
- Problem – We met a space alien with a broken space ship.
- Resolution- We helped the alien by using the things we had brought to help fix his spaceship.
- Ending- We took a selfie to remember the alien and our adventure. Then we said goodbye and travelled home.
In maths this week, we have been learning about money. We have been using coins to make different amounts and have investigated making the same amount in different ways.
eg How many ways can you make 50p?
How can you make 26p using the fewest coins?
Next week, we will be moving on to solving problems involving the addition and subtraction of money, including giving change.
Some grandparents have volunteered to come in to talk to the children about the 1960’s, however, we would like some more! If you know someone who would be available to come in to school, please see your child’s class teacher.