This week, 2F have been busy bees!
Saturday 20th September | 4 comments
It’s been another wonderful week in 2F.
In Literacy we have been following and writing instructions for making Honey Biscuits. When we reflected on the week, many children thought this was their favourite thing of the week, particularly getting to eat the biscuits! Read the Honey Biscuit blog post to find out the recipe!
In Maths we have used a wonderful book, called One is Snail, Ten is a crab, to help us problem solve and to help us to begin to ‘think systematically.’ Thinking systematically is a really important mathematical skill and it is about thinking in an orderly way. Below are the first pages of the book and our challenge was to find as many ways as possible to make 10. If you think systematically, it helps you find all the different ways. Ask your child to tell you about how they did it.
In phonics this week –
- Mrs Fisher’s group (Phase 5) We have done the phonemes (letter sounds) ay, ou and ie. You can click on each letter sound to link to a game with the words we looked at on Spelling City. We also learned the tricky words – oh, their and people.
- Mrs Kenny’s group learned or, ur and ear.
- Mrs Hodgson’s group learned alternative spellings for oa, ow, o-e, and oe.
This weeks special mentions were –
- Nina, for always being so helpful to everyone in class. Nina is always there to lend a helping hand, what ever the problem may be. Be a good citizen.
- Anya, for being a great worker. Anya always does her best in all our lessons. Be the best you can be.
- Reader of the week went to Ryan. Ryan has read really well this week, especially in Guided Reading.
- Mathlete of the Week – with a fantastic score of over 4,400 went to Macey.
- We also awards a special Mathletics certificate to Ben, as his score was over 4,300.
Everyone has had a brilliant week. A huge ‘Well done,’ to everyone.
From all team 2F, Mrs Fisher, Mrs Hodgson, Mrs Kenny, Mrs Suddards and Miss Hainsworth. 🙂