Friday 19th June
Thursday 18th June | No comments yet
Good morning Year 2. The home learning packs for the next two weeks are ready for collection this morning. Next week we will be learning about position and direction in maths and minibeast poetry in English. The following week we will start our mini topic on bees. There are some sheets that will make up a booklet all about bees in the back of your pack (you may want to staple these together or put them in a folder or ringbinder!) See below for some activities to try today. Have a great weekend!
We have completed the white rose lessons for this week. Here are some ideas for further activities:
- Make a shape picture or pattern
- Make a model using 3D shapes or construction
- Make a symmetrical pattern or picture
- Symmetry challenges (see below)
Life cycle of a Frog
Many of you have visited ponds recently and found tadpoles! Today we would like you to find out about the different stages of a frog’s life and create a life cycle.
Check out this lesson on BBC bitesize to find out what a life cycle is and try the interactive activity to learn about the life cycle of a frog.
You could watch this video clip or find your own.
Read the information on the attached powerpoint to find out more.
Task: Use the words and pictures below to create your own lifecycle and write a sentence to explain each stage.
Skipping, jumping or bouncing challenges:
- If you have a skipping rope, challenge yourself to do as many skips as you can. How many can you do in a minute? Try some different skips that we have learned at school.
- If you have a trampoline, challenge yourself to do as many seat drop bounces as you can. How many can you do in a minute?
- How many different types of jump can you do? Star jumps, twist jumps, squat jumps, even frog jumps! How many of each can you do in 30 seconds or 1 minute?
- Can you jump over a rope or marker from side to side?
- Plan a jumping routine or make up a jumping game for somebody else to follow!
Photos from home
Photos from school