Keeping Healthy and using our senses!
Friday 18th September | 3 comments
This week in Year 2, we started our new topic “Be Healthy”. We talked about what we need to do to keep our bodies healthy. We thought about what we typically eat and drink in a day and if we choose ‘5 a day’. We have sent home a 5 a day chart; please can children complete these and bring them back to school for a ‘Be Healthy’ dojo!
In English this week we have been using our senses to help us generate vocabulary for poetry. We particularly enjoyed using our senses to write a poem about different fruits!
This week in maths we have been partitioning 2 digit numbers. We used part whole models to show how to partition a number into tens and ones.
We have thought about different ways to partition numbers. For example:
36 = 30 + 6
36 = 20 + 16
36 = 10 + 26
We used this activity in class today to practise partitioning 2 digit numbers into tens and ones. Choose the TU numbers option.
On Friday afternoons, the children have started taking part in different activities:
- In RE children are finding out how Christians and Muslims welcome new life.
- In art and craft, children have made feelings monsters
- In library session, children have made bookmarks and enjoyed a story.
- You should have received a letter about our Florence Nightingale workshop which is taking place on Thursday 1st October. Please make your contributions on Parent Pay.
- Please ensure children have their correct PE kit in school. 2LO need this on Monday and Wednesday. 2LA need this on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thank you.
- Also please remember that we are now changing home readers once a week on Fridays. We have set children up with new books on bugclub too. Please read as much as you can at home.
Have a lovely weekend.
the year 2 team