Monday 8th June
Sunday 7th June | No comments yet
Good morning. We hope you have all had a lovely weekend despite the wetter weather!
This week, we are continuing our learning on habitats, the bog baby story and revising money in maths. We hope you have already started to think about the 30 days wild challenge. Have you been able to complete any random acts of wildness yet? We can’t wait to hear about and see pictures of you in the wild!!
See below for Monday and Tuesday tasks:
- Maths lesson 1- find the total
- Maths lesson 2- find the difference
- English lesson 1: write the introduction to your bog baby report
- English lesson 2: write a paragraph on appearance
- Spelling, reading and science for the week
This week we will be revising money. Children will be adding money as well as finding change. Make this practical if you can. Encourage children to set up a shop and role play buying items and giving change.
Lesson 1: Find the total
Lesson 2: Find the Difference
Have you been on your bog baby hunt yet? Have you completed the study sheet? If not, check Friday’s blog to do this activity first.
This week we will be working on writing a non-chronological report about our own bog baby. We will aim to write a new paragraph every day and will provide lots of examples to help you.
Mon– Introduction Tues- Appearance Wed-Habitat Thurs-Diet Fri- Interesting facts
Lesson1: Report writing and Introduction
In your packs, you should have an example of a report to look at:
We will be following the same structure to write a report for the bog babies that the children have found!
Writing an introduction
Now have a go at writing your introduction. Remember: This should only include general information about bog babies not specific details.
Lesson 2: Appearance paragraph
Make some notes about what your bog baby looks like.
Now write your own paragraph. Don’t forget to underline your sub-heading!
Science and Geography
Activity 1: Watch the lesson presentation and complete the activity.
Activity 2: You could also look at https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zhvmt39
Can you find out any interesting facts about a pond habitat? Which species live there? Perhaps you could draw or make your own pond habitat? See below for ideas:
- Please complete the Bog baby comprehension this week (in your pack)
- Read a book on bug club or oxford owl.
- Keep reading your favourite books for enjoyment!
- The library service are doing their annual summer reading challenge online this year. Click on this link to find out more https://readingagency.org.uk/children/news/silly-squad-book-collection.html
Photos from home: