Moving Words 1960s Day

Monday 23rd January | 8 comments
7

What a fantastic day we had today with Colin and Adam from ‘Moving Words’. Through the use of performance poetry and drama, we learnt all about 1960s famous events, television programmes, popular music and famous people.
Thank you to all the parents, grandparents, carers and friends who attended our performance this afternoon. I think you’ll agree that the children were brilliant!

8 responses to “Moving Words 1960s Day”

1. Fantastic work and performance year 2. It was really entertaining and informative. well done.

2. Lisa (Lucy's mum) says:

Well done everybody- you clearly worked very hard, what a action packed performance!

3. Melissa says:

What a great performance and such a fantastic way to learn!

4. Karen Chaudhari - Nathan's Mum says:

A very entertaining and informative afternoon! Great work Y2 (and teaching staff). Nathan wanted to go into space with Neil Armstrong or work in mi5 with James Bond!! I’m sure you’ll remember these facts (and the songs/actions) for many years to come 🙂

5. Joven says:

Wow – what an excellent performance by all the year 2 children! I really enjoyed watching them learn through creative choreography. Joven liked learning about Sir Winston Churchill and the James Bond part. Thank you for the moving words workshop.

6. Sheila Singh (Ashwins mum) says:

Well done year 2. What a great performance and you all did so well. Ashwin enjoyed all the actions to James Bond. Lovely exhibition and Memories of 1960s.

7. Anna says:

Thank you yr 2 for a brilliant performance, that face you have only learnt all the moves (and facts) today is fab! I throughly enjoyed it. I was very pleased to hear Martin Luther King being mentioned!! (&Mary poppins) !

8. Ruth says:

This was a real treat to see such brilliant performances from the yr2 children and their teachers. Every one gave it 100%! Well done everyone! Arthur said he’d had the best day and particularly enjoyed the James Bond part. He’s learnt so much in this fun way. Thank you